Subscribe by Email
Got Music News?Get in touch with your music news, press releases w/ images & interview requests!
Latest Music News
- Barclaycard Wireless Festival lineup: Rihanna, Pitbull, Deadmau5, more - July 6-8, London
- Maroon 5 'Songs About Jane' 10th anniversary footage + Payphone video featuring Wiz Khalifa
- FAWN premieres DIY underwater video for "No Wave"
- Eddie Grey - "Say You Will" [Video]
- Mary Black announces UK tour dates + new album featuring Imelda May, Finbar Furey, Janis Ian
- Introducing Mark Ellis (Hamfatter, Dragons Den) and his EP 'Paper Heart'
- Faye signs to Best Fit Recordings; the Swedish singer releases new single "Water Against The Rocks"
- Little Comets return with video for new single "Jennifer" [UK Tour Dates]
- Cassandra Wilson performs @ The Blue Note Jazz Festival June 28, 29 & 30; 'Another Country' album release
- Mystery Pills' "The Glass Traditions" video premiere
Category Archives: Reviews and Commentary
Last week I went to see Graffiti6 play an exclusive acoustic showcase at Soho House in London. It was well worth the trip.
Jamie Scott and producer TommyD, aka Graffiti6, played acoustic guitars - along with Pete on acoustic bass. Continue reading
As mentioned in the Run Toto Run review, we were treated to a magical night out when the Manchester based electro band played in Oxford on their recent tour.
After talking with the band that night, I wanted to know more about them! Read the exclusive interview. Continue reading
Last Friday night, Dave and I went to The Port Mahon in Oxford to watch Manchester band Run Toto Run.
I was looking forward to seeing them play live, as I had listened to a couple of their tracks and liked what I heard, and in all honesty, it was their name that first drew me in. Continue reading
The Shutka Champions sounds like they might be the winners in a weird European sport. They sound as if they're involved in the very type of pursuit you've been seeking all your life. Well, close but no candy bar this time, mate.
Shutka is a town in the Balkans that boasts the largest Roma gypsy population in the world. Continue reading
A few years ago before the internet was as BIG as it is now, I remember thinking about all the bands that were out there playing music that I had never heard of. Bands that I would never hear. I felt out of control. Continue reading
Guitar legend Joe Satriani has released an amazing 14 solo albums (two went platinum and four gold with 15 Grammy nominations between them) - his first album, 'Not Of This Earth' was released in 1986.
His latest release, Live in Paris: I Just Wanna Rock!, a two-disc CD and DVD, is out in February 2010. The show was recorded in 2008 at The Grand Rex Theater in Paris, France. Continue reading
Guillemots frontman Fyfe Dangerfield has released his debut solo album Fly Yellow Moon.
I had a few questions for him. Continue reading
Attention all retro punk fans, here is something I found while looking through old Clash interviews online. As a self confessed Clash freak I always get over excited when coming across something I missed about the said band. Continue reading
I can't think of a better time of year to listen to Irish folk singer Aine Furey and her album Cross My Palm.
Her endearing and tranquil voice is the perfect remedy to any underlying stress left over from the holidays. If there's ever a CD in my collection for just this, it's Aine Furey! Continue reading
Chris "Dudley" Thompson is an acoustic singer/songwriter from Oxford, well he's from Dudley originally, hence the name.
He first started playing the guitar at 15. Apparently he used to nick his mum's acoustic and belt out Nirvana tunes on it. Continue reading